- Earth Day Activities For Kindergarten: 5 Simple Ideas of 2023 - April 19, 2023
- Earth Day Activities For High School Students: Ideas of 2023 - April 18, 2023
- Earth Day Activities For Elementary Students: Ideas of 2023 - April 18, 2023
Reading and sharing Earth Day Quotes is one of the best ways of celebrating Earth Day because it lets you see the thoughts on Earth Day of geniuses who contributed to our planet a lot. Furthermore, reading and sharing these Earth Day quotes can be a wonderful and fun Earth Day activity for schools and classrooms as well.
Furthermore, Earth day Quotes are most popular in people who want to read about the thoughts of the people who are the Influencers and thinkers around the world
Quotes on Earth Day let us know that we are a chain of people in the generations who are working for this noble cause. We are not alone in this war, we are one of the many generations who is caring for the planet earth.
Therefore, we have also listed save earth quotes in this collection because saving the earth is the mission of celebrating Earth Day around the world.
reading and sharing these Earth Day quotes can be a wonderful and fun Earth Day activity for schools and classrooms as well.
Earth Day Quotes Ultimate Collection – 2019
This ultimate collection of Earth Day Quotes in English will provide you the best collection of thoughts on Earth Day including the beautiful earth quotes and earth day quotes for kids so that you can include the next generation in this cause on Earth Day 2019 to make a much wider and lasting impact.
So let’s get started on these Earth Day Quotes right away. 🙂
1. I only feel angry when I see waste. When I see people throwing away things we could use.” –Mother Teresa
This is one of the most common ways of polluting our Environment: WASTE. Today, take stock of your waste, energy waste, water waste, food waste and all other types of waste and try to reduce your waste on this Earth Day 2017.
2. “The Earth is what we all have in common.” -Wendell Berry
One of the most obvious things which connect us all is our dear planet, Earth. It is what unites us all and we should take care of it as much as we can.
3. “Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.”- George Bernard Shaw
To progress towards a better plane, we need to change our attitudes and behaviors towards nature. This change will start with ourselves and from within.
4. “Time spent among trees is never time wasted.”-Anonymous
Have you ever spent time among the trees? Breathing the fresh oxygen, observing the shapes, patterns, and structures of the lungs of the Earth? It is one of the best Earth Day Activity which you can experience on Earth Day 2017.
5. “He that plants trees love others besides himself.”- Thomas Fuller
Planting and nurturing a tree means that you care for your future generations whose gratitude will not reach you and make you famous. Plant a tree today as Earth Day 2017 activity.
6. “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”-Margaret Mead
We have amazing power when we are united for a common cause. Let this cause be the betterment of the planet and the environment which we are leaving for the generations to come.
7. “One of the first conditions of happiness is that the link between man and nature shall not be broken.” – Leo Tolstoy
Ever wondered why there are so many depressed people in the big cities? Because they have broken their link with nature. Develop your connection with nature and start your journey towards a much happier and fulfilled life.
8. “The environment is where we all meet; where we all have a mutual interest; it is the one thing all of us share.”- Lady Bird Johnson
9. “The Earth will not continue to offer its harvest, except with faithful stewardship. We cannot say we love the land and then take steps to destroy it for use by future generations.”- John Paul II
10. “Nature is painting for us, day after day, pictures of infinite beauty.”- John Ruskin
Read Further: Earth Day Slogans – Ultimate Collection
Trending: Best Earth Day Posters in 2019
Mother Earth Quotes – 2019 Earth Day Quotes
People claim that the mother earth is sick and the human species are the cause of this sickness. We also agree that humans as a species are the most destructive for the mother earth and we are continuously destroying it more and more.
These Mother Earth Quotes will highlight some of the important thoughts on saving the mother earth and caring for our planet from environmental pollution, carbon dioxide emissions and other environment-damaging activities.
11. “Like music and art, love of nature is a common language that can transcend political or social boundaries.”
12. “Nothing is more beautiful than the loveliness of the woods before sunrise.”
13. “You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference and you have to decide what kind of a difference you want to make.”
14. “The ultimate test of man’s conscience may be his willingness to sacrifice something today for future generations whose words of thanks will not be heard.”
15. “What’s the use of a fine house if you haven’t for a tolerable planet to put it on.”- Henry David Thoreau
16. “Environmentally friendly cars will soon cease to be an option…they will become a necessity.”
17. “To me, a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug.”
18. “A nation that destroys its soils destroys itself. Forests are the lungs of our land, purifying the air and giving fresh strength to our people.”
19. “The Earth is a fine place and worth fighting for.”
20. “The proper use of science is not to conquer nature but to live in it.”- Barry Commoner
Further Reading: Earth Day Activities – 2019 Collection
Trending: Earth Day Facts – Interesting & Amusing
Short Quotes on Earth Day
Short Quotes on Earth Day provides us glimpses to the mind of intellectuals and activists who are working hard to preserve the natural environment of the Earth.
These Shorts Quotes on Earth Day are good for using in various speeches, classrooms, and even documents and brochures to help spread the message of climate change and doing our best to utilize the earth’s resources diligently.
21. “We have forgotten how to be good guests, how to walk lightly on the earth as its other creatures do.”
22. “Earth is our Only home, Take Care of it.”
23. “The use of solar energy has not been opened up because the oil industry does not own the sun.”
24. “We came all this way to explore the moon, and the most important thing is that we discovered the earth.”
25. “It suddenly struck me that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn’t feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.” – Neil Armstrong – Apollo Astronaut
26. “The global environmental crisis is, as we say in Tennessee, real as rain, and I cannot stand the thought of leaving my children with a degraded Earth and a diminished future.”
27. “We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.”
28. “Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet, and the winds long to play with your hair.”
29. “Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.”
30. “If we are ever to halt climate change and conserve land, water, and other resources, not to mention reduce animal suffering, we must celebrate Earth Day every day — at every meal.” – Ingrid Newkirk
Inspirational Environmental Quotes
Inspirational Environmental Quotes help us to inspire not only ourselves but also our friends and family to take part in becoming part of the solution instead of becoming part of the problem.
These Inspirational Environmental Quotes are the best among the best which we collected to inspire whoever reads this collection on quotes on Environment.
31. “A world without huge regions of total wilderness would be a cage; a world without lions and tigers and vultures and snakes and elk and bison would be – will be — a human zoo. A high-tech slum.”
32. “Keep close to Nature’s heart… and break clear away, once in a while, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.”
33. “In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks.” – John Muir
34. “For 200 years we’ve been conquering Nature. Now we’re beating it to death.”
35. “Live in each season as it passes; breathes the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influence of each.” – Henry David Thoreau
36. “It seems to me that the natural world is the greatest source of excitement; the greatest source of visual beauty; the greatest source of intellectual interest. It is the greatest source of so much in life that makes life worth living.”
37. “On Earth Day, we celebrate all the gifts the world and nature make available to us. We recognize our complete dependence on its bounty. And we acknowledge the need for good stewardship to preserve its fruits for future generations.”
38. “When one tug at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.”
39. “Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.”
40. “Until a man duplicates a blade of grass, Nature can laugh at his so-called scientific knowledge. Remedies from chemicals will never stand in favorable comparison with the products of Nature, the living cell of a plant, the final result of the rays of the sun, the mother of all life.” – Thomas Alva Edison
Recommended Reading: Earth Day Quiz – Questions & Answers
Trending: Earth Day Poems – For Kids & All
Quotes About Saving the Earth
If we look honestly into the matter we are not trying to save the earth but we are trying to save ourselves because Earth is the only planet we have.
Quotes About Saving the Earth helps us remember this fact, which might be harsh but nonetheless, it is a fact. Therefore, read this collection of best quotes on saving the earth to inspire yourself to start acting in manners consistent with this goal.
41. “Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together … all things connect.”
42. “Here is your country. Cherish these natural wonders, cherish the natural resources, cherish the history and romance as a sacred heritage, for your children and your children’s children. Do not let selfish men or greedy interests skin your country of its beauty, its riches or its romance.”
43. “There’s so much pollution in the air now that if it weren’t for our lungs there’d be no place to put it all.”
44. “There is a great need for the introduction of new values in our society, where bigger is not necessarily better, where slower can be faster, and where less can be more.”
45. “The earth has music for those who listen.”
46. “The good man is the friend of all living things.”
47. “An understanding of the natural world and what’s in it is a source of not only a great curiosity but great fulfillment.”
48. “There are no passengers on Spaceship Earth. We are all crew.”
49. “You can’t be suspicious of a tree, or accuse a bird or a squirrel of subversion or challenge the ideology of a violet.”
50. “Oddly enough the overriding sensation I got looking at the earth was, my god that little thing is so fragile out there.” – Mike Collins, Apollo 11 Astronaut
Planet Earth Quotes
Planet Earth Quotes helps us to realize the importance of this planet earth because this is the only planet which supports life as we know it.
Planet Earth Quotes also provides us the ways and means to care for this planet because our future depends on it.
51. “Our goal is not just an environment of clean air and water and scenic beauty. The objective is an environment of decency, quality and mutual respect for all other human beings and all other living creatures.” – Gaylord Nelson
52. “To see a world in a grain of sand, And a heaven in a wild flower, Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, And eternity in an hour.” – William Blake
53. “Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.” – Cree Indian Proverb
54. “When a man throws an empty cigarette package from an automobile, he is liable to a fine of $50. When a man throws a billboard across a view, he is richly rewarded.” – Pat Brown
55. “I think the environment should be put in the category of our national security. Defense of our resources is just as important as defense abroad. Otherwise what is there to defend?” – Robert Redford
56. “Water is H2O, hydrogen two parts, oxygen one, but there is also a third thing, that makes it water and nobody knows what that is.” D.H. Lawrence
57. “Imagine if trees gave off WiFi signals, we would be planting so many trees and we’d probably save the planet too. Too bad they only produce the oxygen we breathe.
58. “Modern technology Owes ecology An apology.” – Alan M. Edison
60. “When is the best time to plant a tree? …Twenty years ago. The second best time is…now!”
Quotes on Environment Conservation
Quotes on Environment Conservation speaks directly to the topic which matters. There are lots of talks, workshops, and activities dedicated to conserving the environment. We all should make time to participate in such activities.
But if we are short on time then Quotes on Environment Conservation can give us some thoughts and ideas to actually conserve our environment.
61. “Economic advance is not the same thing as human progress.” – John Clapham
62. “Because we don’t think about future generations, they will never forget us.” – Henrik Tikkanen
63. “Imagine a fish without water. Can it survive? Now imagine a world without trees. Can men survive?
64. “They kill good trees to put out bad newspapers.” – James G. Watt
65. “I don’t want to protect the environment. I want to create a world where the environment doesn’t need protection.”
66. I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in. – John Muir
67. There would be very little point in my exhausting myself and other conservationists themselves in trying to protect animals and habitats if we weren’t at the same time raising young people to be better stewards. – Jane Goodall
68. Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s needs, but not every man’s greed. – Mahatma Gandhi
69. We shall require a substantially new manner of thinking if mankind is to survive. – Albert Einstein
70. To cherish what remains of the Earth and to foster its renewal is our only legitimate hope of survival. – Wendell Berry
71. I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority. – E. B. White
72. Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed. – Francis Bacon
73. Sooner or later, we will have to recognize that the Earth has rights, too, to live without pollution. What mankind must know is that human beings cannot live without Mother Earth, but the planet can live without humans. – Evo Morales
74. The goal of life is to make your heartbeat match the beat of the universe, to match your nature with Nature. – Joseph Campbell
75. For in the true nature of things, if we rightly consider, every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold and silver. – Martin Luther
Funny Earth Day Quotes – Impact with Humor
One of the unique qualities of our collection of Funny Earth Day Quotes is that they not only hit the bull in the eye but also creates a movement and ‘buzz’ in the masses so that you can mobilize them towards a greater cause.
Let’s use the laughs and smiles to fight against dark pollution.
76 “Environmentalists have long been fond of saying that the sun is the only safe nuclear reactor, situated as it is some ninety-three million miles away.” – Stephanie Mills
77. “Our modern industrial economy takes a mountain covered with trees, lakes, and running streams and transforms it into a mountain of junk, garbage, slime pits, and debris.” – Edward Abbey
78. “There are no passengers on Spaceship Earth. We are all crew.” – Marshall McLuhan
79. “There’s so much pollution in the air now that if it weren’t for our lungs there’d be no place to put it all.”- Robert Orben
80. “Suburbia is where the developer bulldozes out the trees, then names the streets after them.” – Bill Vaugh
81. “The use of solar energy has not been opened up because the oil industry does not own the sun.” – Ralph Nader
82. “Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.” – Dave Barry
83. “It isn’t pollution that’s harming the environment. It’s the impurities in our air and water that are doing it.” – Dan Quayle
84. “Our environmental problems originate in the hubris of imagining ourselves as the central nervous system or the brain of nature. We’re not the brain, we are cancer on nature.” – Dave Foreman
21 thoughts on “Earth Day Quotes – Ultimate Collection of 81+ Save Earth Quotes in 2019”
Really great collection of Earth Day quotes…
Thank You Shelly 🙂
Thank You Waris 🙂
Thank you so much… I liked all Earth Day Quotes 🙂
Thank You Athar 🙂
Than You Ali Abbas 🙂
Thank You Sameena 🙂
Thank You Saleem 🙂
Comments are closed.